The mission of the San Francisco Travel Association is to enhance the local economy by marketing San Francisco and the Bay Area as the premier destination for conventions, meetings events and leisure travel. We are the economic engine for the city, and travel is our fuel.
Current Staff Openings:
Director, Citywide Accounts Midwest (Based in Chicago, IL)
The mission of the San Francisco Travel Association is to enhance the local economy by marketing San Francisco and the Bay Area as the premier destination for conventions, meetings events and leisure travel. We are the economic engine for the city, and travel is our fuel – it is solely our unique point of view as the city’s travel expert that allows us to see the entire destination rather than industry-by-industry.
Director, Citywide Accounts Midwest, based in Chicago, IL, acts as a representative of San Francisco and an extension of the San Francisco Travel Association’s sales force. Generates new citywide leads and bookings for member hotels and maintains on-the-spot and timely contact with citywide customers in the Midwest Region.
What you will be doing:
- Primary sales responsibility is business development of new citywide accounts in the Midwest region for Moscone Convention Center
- Generate new citywide leads and bookings – including qualifying the business, finding dates, blocking space, and issuing the lead - and maintain production at or around (no less than 80%) predetermined levels/goals
- Organize and participate in sales trips, face-to-face appointments, presentations, tradeshows, and client events with or on behalf of San Francisco based citywide account directors for accounts located in the Midwest region as needed
- Sales activities would include the interaction with meeting planners both in traditional, digital and social media correspondence, telephone solicitation, direct personal sales calls in the Midwest region as well as participation in various industry tradeshows and conferences
- Be an active member of market related organizations, with Midwest chapters of these industry organizations
- Arrange and participate in client appreciation events for meeting planners located in the Midwest region
- Carry out periodic assignments of special promotional activities
- Interface with hotel and other destination marketing organization (DMO) members to facilitate efficient and thorough follow up based on these leads
- Arrange and accompany clients, when appropriate, for site inspections of San Francisco
- Participate in and attend San Francisco Travel Association sponsored events.
- Track and report personal sales results
- Maintain records of all client contact, traces and account management in EBMS system.
- Document all pertinent file activity electronically and in hard copy file as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned
Attributes and Qualifications:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Self-motivated individual with proven record of sales ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quick learner of Salesforce CRM system, and daily use of it in an efficient manner in the management of sales accounts
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a professional manner
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Education and/or training equivalent to college graduate, preferably with a degree in business administration plus five years of experience in the hotel or convention industry directly related to citywide group sales
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
- Minimal lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling associated with trade show booth participation
- Occasional evening and weekend work
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, please provide us with the following:
- Cover letter (no more than a page, telling us why you’re the right person for this role). This is a very important step in the application process, so please take time to answer thoughtfully and thoroughly.
- Detailed resume of your relevant experience – note that a resume sent without a creative and functionally informative cover letter will only minimally be considered
- Past salary history and future income requirements and/or goals
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org (with Director, Citywide Accounts - Midwest, in the subject line)
Current Volunteer Openings:
San Francisco Volunteer Ambassador
The San Francisco Visitor Information Center is temporarily closed.
Current Internship Openings:
San Francisco Travel is not accepting internship applications for Summer 2021 and beyond. Our programs are currently under re-evaluation. If we are able to host Bay Area students requiring an internship for graudation in Spring 2022, we will post an update on our application process in Fall 2021. Thank you for your interest.